Piper 8 months

Way too close to being one!  7-12 months is by far my favorite age.

Size: I'm guessing around the 20 pound mark. She has healthy rolls and chins :)  Mostly wearing 9-12 month clothing.

Sleep: Pretty darn good.  We had a few stints of overnights but nothing permanent.  She is down for the night between 6:30-7:00pm and generally sleeps until 3 or 4am.  Rollie and I rotate nights getting up which is really nice.  If she wakes up then she goes back down until 6:30ish, 7 if we are lucky.  If she sleeps through the night then she wakes up at 5:30 ;/  We are still having problems with her soaking through overnight diapers which is definitely a culprit of her waking up.  Honestly if Lily wasn't right next to Pipers room we would probably let her fuss/settle herself more but we tend to jump to her first few cries.  As for napping she takes a short morning nap around 9 and a longer nap in the afternoon around 1/1:30.

Food: We are on a pretty set eating schedule with bottles at 7am, 11:30am, 3:30pm and 6:30pm.  She gets solids 3x a day as well.  She loves pretty much everything except a new baby cereal we tried last week.  This week I also started more of a baby led weaning approach with her.  She's loving banana, avocado, and cheerios.  Its so much easier than spooning her purees or pouches but ALOT messer :)

New milestones: Fully sitting, lots of talking, great grasping and pinching skills, and trying to get from sitting to an all fours position.  Rollie thinks she can say 'dada' but I'm on the fence :)

Everyone says that she is the happiest baby around, and I can't argue with that!  She smiles non stop and when she gets giggling it is the best sound in the world!  Its so hard missing out on her 4 days a week so I'm trying my best to soak it all in while I am home.  Her and Lily are really starting to interact more which is so fun to see.  I can only hope they grow up best friends.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the thick of it

May (or better known as my Birthday Month)

My latest read...