Grandma Lori (Part 2)

The 2nd week my mom was here we enjoyed 'family' dinner at The Kliegls.  My mom always enjoys seeing all the kiddos and catching up with my friends too :)

We went out (just the 2 of us) for Ramen and fancy cocktails in Sebastopol.

Sara flew up Friday afternoon and they came to visit me at work.  Always fun to be able to show off a fancy workplace.

Saturday morning we woke up and got dressed up for a day of wine tasting! (with a driver!).  It was an early birthday celebration for me and it was sooooo nice not driving and playing tour guide for once.  Our first stop was Kinsella.  A super exclusive private Estate up in the south part of Dry Creek Valley.  The views were insane.  The wine too!  We spent the better part of 2 hours there, and could have stayed all day!  Next up was Unti where we enjoyed a picnic and some fun Italian varietals. After Unti we went to V.M.L. mostly to see the gardens and I wanted my mom to see their gorgeous labels (all sun, moon, stars themed).  Then it was on to MacRostie.  It was packed but they rolled out the red carpet and hid us away from the crowds on a private patio.  We soaked up the sun, chardonnay and pinot.  Lastly (phew-5 places!) we popped into Cartograph in downtown Healdsburg.  They have a killer Riesling on tap! We shopped around a bit before enjoying a delicious dinner at Barn Diva.  It was such a great day.


The next day we lounged around a bit before heading to Angel Island.  We had never been before and thought it would be a fun thing to do with the girls.  It was a hot day too.  It was way better than I expected.  The girls enjoyed it before Piper had a meltdown on the tram tour ride.  They skipped naps so it was inevitable.  We were supposed to take Sara to SFO but my allergies hit me so hard that I could barley drive home and after Pipers meltdown she graciously got an Uber.


Monday, my mom and I ran some errands and shopped while the girls went to daycare. That evening Rollie and I snuck in one last free date night and hit up Russian River.


Always fun to have my mom here...now we just need to work on a more permanent plan :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May (or better known as my Birthday Month)

Comparison

In the thick of it