A couple years ago a started a 'bucket list' if you will, as cheesy as it may sound I think the movie, Bucket List prompted this. I've had this ratty piece of notebook paper folded up in my wallet since then and for some reason I thought about it today. I got inspired again and thought I should make this list more concrete by making it a blog entry. I'm also hoping that by sharing my list with friends and family (the few of you who read this) it will inspire me to make more of these dreams become a reality. It was supposed to be 100 things but its a work in progress at 61. I've been lucky enough to have accomplished a handful over the last 24 months (give or take a few months). For now I'll make a side note with the date for those dreams I've reached, and going forward I will make a new entry. Here goes:
1. Finish SCUBA certification
2. Dive in the Great Barrier Reef
3. Practice yoga in its native form and country
4. Treat my parents to a wonderful vacation
5. Visit the Grand Canyon
6. Run a full marathon
7. Go to a Red Sox game
8. Learn to salsa dance
9. Find a job I love, 7/17/10
10. Walk the Great Wall in China
11. See the pyramids in Egypt
12. Travel to the Upper Peninsula in Michigan
13. Attend Oktoberfest in Germany
14. See a great white shark (from the boat is fine :)
15. Maintain a happy and healthy weight
16. Hike a volcano in Hawaii
17. Make photography more than a hobby
18. Own a home
19. Learn to garden
20. Take a cooking class
21. Visit Italy, 9/29/10-10/8/10 Rome, Florence and Tuscany
22. Cruise the Greek Islands
23. Ride in a hot air balloon
24. See Oprah live
25. Help build a home for charity
26. Work in a soup kitchen for a day
27. Visit Alaska
28. Recycle more, started 10/1/09
29. Swim with a dolphin
30. Go on a safari in Africa
31. Have a wonderful marriage and grow old with my husband, 3/14/09!
32. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans
33. Play 18 holes of golf
34. Go to a Superbowl
35. Visit Ireland
36. Go to an Olympic Games
37. Visit Alcatraz
38. Stay in a over water bungalow on a tropical island
39. Celebrate New Years in Times Square or nearby
40. Get out of Debt
41. Go mountain climbing
42. Visit all States
43. Buy a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes
44. Go white water rafting
45. Visit Brazil during Carnival
46. Visit D.C.
47. Live in another country for 6 months
48. Participate in the Avon walk for breast cancer
49. Raise a dog, 3/25/09!
50. See the statue of liberty (up close)
51. Visit England
52. Visit Portugal
53. Visit Romania
54. See Mt. Rushmore
56. Take the Sex and the City Tour in NYC
57. Eat at the French Laundry
58. Camp at Yosemite National Park
59. Go wine tasting in Napa Valley, 10/8/09!
60. Drive up the Coast of California, 7/11/09!
61. Have kids

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the thick of it

May (or better known as my Birthday Month)

My latest read...