Nov 10-Nov 16

The weeks are flying by!  Piper is 2 months old already, I can't believe it.  I'm really trying my best to savor every moment since she's our last little baby!  I'll do a separate 2 month post for her soon.

Monday we had music class, which is one of Lily's favorite activities.  She does all the hand movements, sings the actual lyrics and dances...its so fun to watch how she's evolved in class over the last few months.  Sadly we are going to take a break from class though. With preschool starting soon and me going back to work we need to save the money as its a pricey activity for a 2 year old :) Hopefully we will start again in the Spring.  After class last week we met up with Melissa and Jack at the park.


Tuesday was stroller strides and playgroup in the morning.  Then I spent a good portion of the afternoon cooking for a little dinner party we had that evening with Tom and Jean Claire.  I didn't take a single pic (I know shocking!), but I made short ribs, kale/brussel sprout salad and Rollie made his Parmesan risotto.  Everything was delish and it was great to catch up with them since they just returned from a 3 week honeymoon to Australia and New Zealand.


Wednesday we lounged around in the morning and skipped stroller strides.  We put a tv in our bedroom which could be very dangerous heading into these cold cozy winter mornings!  Then I ventured to the mall to find a flapper headpiece for a party Saturday night.  I made the mistake of heading into the Disney store.  All the plush toys were buy one get one for 1 cent...so I of course gave in and bought Lily Minnie & Mickey.  Minne is going away until Christmas :)


Thursday we went to stroller strides at the mall since it was raining (finally!).  After class I did a little grocery shopping and made 4 casseroles that afternoon.  Two broccoli, rice, chicken & cheese and two chicken pot pie.  I brought one of each to two friends who recently had babies and we kept two for ourselves.



Friday was stroller strides and stuff around the house before the Downers came for the weekend. Chris and Rollie had planned to go to the Stanford game and Amy came along with the kids to hang with me and the girls.  They arrived late Friday night.  


Saturday we treated the kiddos to donuts before the boys left for Palo Alto.  Amy and I packed up the kids and I showed them around town and we had a yummy lunch at Boudin.  That night Amy helped me get ready for Kerry's Great Gatsby themed surprise party!  Kerry had no clue and it was such a fun night.  I owe Amy big time for watching all the kids!!

Sunday I was hurting a bit from Saturday night so we had a very low key morning and all took naps before getting ready for family pics.  Jean Claire took our pics for the 3rd year.  I'm so happy that we've started this great tradition of capturing our family!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May (or better known as my Birthday Month)

Comparison

In the thick of it