Happy New Year!

I had intentions of doing pretty much nothing today (maybe a little laundry) but after a crazy busy work week last week and our trip to Tahoe this weekend there was much needed TLC to tend to around the house.  I woke up after a great nights sleep and attacked our closet.  Our master closet is insanely large but its also the ONLY closet in our whole place...so holiday decorations, sporting equipment, extra blankets/pillows, and all coats have to be stored in there.  With the help from my handy label maker and storage bins I went to town and it now looks and feels great!  Next up I tackled our dining room table, coffee table and island...it looked so bare after taking down all the Christmas decorations so I needed a new 'theme'.  I decided to go with a rustic/wine/pottery barn look and it turned out great! 
But I really wanted to post about our NYE 2011 weekend at Lake Tahoe. It was my first time up there and WOW it is gorgeous!  We shared a house with my Aunt, Uncle, cousins, and their friends Kimberly and Mark.  Thursday we enjoyed a nice walk along the lake and dropped into to our neighbors sledding party before heading out for a great Mexican dinner.  Friday morning we woke up bright and early and hit the slopes at Alpine Meadows, I was pretty nervous since I had been skiing for nearly 10 years but it was a blast!  Rollie took a snowboarding lesson and loved it!  Friday night we freshened up and rang in the new year in the year with great wine, appetizers, and a baked potato bar at the rental house.  I think I fell asleep at 10:30!!  Saturday morning we headed home but stopped at Northstar Village to browse the shops and grab some lunch at Rubicon pizza Co.  Great start to the new year!  Can't wait to see what 2011 brings!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the thick of it

May (or better known as my Birthday Month)

Comparison