Lily 10 Weeks


Weight: 10 lbs on the dot last week at her 2 month check up.  She's definitely on the smaller side for her age but the Doctor said she's healthy and has no concerns.

Health: Wonderful.  She had her 2 months shots and took them like a champ...its so hard seeing them cry, but I nursed her immediately afterwards and then she slept all night that night...more on that in a bit.

Diet:  100% breastmilk

Clothing: 0-3 month/3 month.  Loving the cooler weather!  Cardigans and jeggings are just about the cutest thing on a baby.  We are headed to Michigan next week and I'm a bit worried I don't have clothing warm enough for her but I did buy a fleece onesie that she can wear as a jacket.

Sleep: Last week she slept through the night 3 nights in a row (from 10-6) but the day after her shots she went back to waking up between 2-3 again.  I tried for a few nights giving her a pacifier, putting the sound machine back on and just soothing her but that didn't work and I'd end up being up for 2 hours trying to get her to go back to sleep when its easier for both of us to just feed her (which take 15-20 minutes) and then we both go back to bed much easier.

Baby Gear We're loving:
-The Bob stroller
-Sofie (she holds her and its too cute)
-Dr. brown's bottles
-Fisher Price Swing
-Fisher Price Activity Mat
-Soothies (pacifiers)
-Summer Infant Fleece Velcro swaddles
-Stuffed Giraffe sound machine

Likes/Dislikes: 
-Loves walks and car rides still
-Still does great with tummy time and actually rolled over (front to back) last week at our playgroup.  She's trying really hard to go from back to front but she gets stuck on her side and gets really frustrated.
-Baths (but not getting out/dressed again)
-Stories at bedtime...she looks up and both of us and just smiles the whole time.

Milestones/Firsts:  
-Just trying to roll over more often
-We've been keeping busy with walks, playgroups, and hanging out with friends, but no new outings.
-An interesting new squeak noise...its adorable.

Postpartum:  Feeling good.  A bit tired this week, but its because I took on too much, but I just hate missing out on things and saying no to invites.  I'm stuck at 2 lbs above pre-pregnancy weight and I of course want to lose more on top of that, but I'm just finding it hard to eat less and this week brings several dinner parties/work parties/events which means bad for you food and drinks!  I need to get my willpower under control.  I've been 'working out' at least 3-4 times a week which includes strollers strides or long walks.

Lily's 2nd tailgate at Stanford

This could be my new favorite picture of her



Lily the pea pod

The Elephants, Reese & Lily

Our playgroup...this was not an easy picture! 

Comments

  1. Great job of documenting. You can use her elephant costume to keep her warm... like a snowsuit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a great picture of the babies today! Love it! So stinkin cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison

May (or better known as my Birthday Month)

In the thick of it