Today is a great day!

I'm a planner...anyone who knows me knows darn well that I'm not a 'fly by the seat of my pants type'. So even though I still have 4 weeks of maternity leave I've had anxiety about my schedule when I go back for several weeks now. After our stroller strides class this morning, lily and I headed over the hill to my work to chat with both hr and my boss about the possibility of me coming back 4 days a week vs. 5...I knew this most likely wouldn't be an issue but the days I wanted off might be the issue. Before I left on leave I had Mondays and Tuesdays off and now I would ideally like Sunday, Monday & Tuesday off which would allow us to have Sunday off as a family (Rollie is changing to a mon-fri schedule, at least for now) -and this also allows us to only put lily in daycare 3 days a week. Well, my boss agreed and I got a raise! I couldn't be happier...it reassures me that I work for a great company and now I'm excited to go back, not dreading it. This will be my schedule atleast until may (when the busy season picks back up) but we will cross that bridge when it's upon us.

On a side note, a few coworkers asked me what lily was going to be for Halloween...I have a handed down pea in the pod costume that's super cute (thank you Kerry) and I bought an elephant costume...and that's when someone at work said "oh she's going to be a republican?!" Uh oh...I didn't even think of that! My moms favorite animal has always been elephants and I just thought it was cute. We may need to rethink this...

Also giants and tigers are in the World Series. I love the spirit of the giants and the Bay Area is my home now but my heart is also with Detroit and the tigers...so torn!

Off to spend some time with my pumpkin...only 4 weeks left to spoil her like crazy!

Comments

  1. Oh I am so happy for you! That will really help with the transition. And a raise! You are so lucky that you work for someone who appreciates you. Too many employers don't realize that when you show employees that they are valued that they are willing to work harder because they feel invested in the company. Have a happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooohooO! SO happy they gave you what you wanted!!!! xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison

May (or better known as my Birthday Month)

In the thick of it